Saturday, December 19, 2009

Workplace/awkward romance drama. Need advice!?

This woman at work is trying to set me up with her son, who I was friends with when I was a teenager. I thought I could be friends with him again but had no romantic interest in him. I have seen him once for five minutes in the last seven years and that was a month ago. Well her son has texted some very sexual things and has just been quite clingy, so after he texted ';wtf u call me'; I stopped texting him back. He has continued to text me almost every day for the past week despite me not responding, including texting me after bar close early saturday morning!





I saw his mother today when I stopped in at work and she said she heard I wasn't texting him back and asked me why. I told her part of it, but left out the sexual remarks because other people were around. She seemed extreeemely pissed at me, but I don't feel my love or social life concerns her. However, she could make my life hell at work because she's an assistant manager, she does the books, and counts my cash drawer the nights after I work.





And because I live in a tiny town there's no way to avoid her or bring this up to my boss to head off any possible problems without it getting back to her.





HELP!Workplace/awkward romance drama. Need advice!?
just tell the truth just because she wants you to be with him dosent mean you have to its your life not there's


hope this helps


email meWorkplace/awkward romance drama. Need advice!?
Rule #1 Don't involve people at your work (or get involved with ppl they are related to)





Rule #2 Don't let her scare you. Who cares if she is pi$$ed. It's YOUR business and if she does anything to jeopardize your job just speak up and say, ';You're just mad because I won't go out with your son'; in front of EVERYBODY. This is obviously not a CAREER job, so it won't matter, and if you put her on the spot like that, and make it seem like she was getting up in YOUR business (when managers aren't supposed to mix personal with the job) -she will back WAY off. Won't even count your drawer, because any thing can be filed with HR and she knows this as a manager. So don't be scared, be aggressive with your job and keep in the JOB. If she says anything to you about her son again, just say ';I don't mix business with personal'; and NO ONE can blame or fire you for that.





Rule #3 Regarding this JERK and his texting. Most phones (again, MOST) come with a block feature. If the feature isn't present on your phone, just call the company you're with and they will do it for you. BINGO! No more text messages.


OR do what I did, and just have your biggest scariest black guy (or white, whatever) friend meet him in the parking lot after work and say ';you mess with her or make contact again, I'll make you sorry'; (or however he choses ro word it).
If it comes up again, just be honest with her. Explain that he came on very strong and you just didn't feel the same way. You didn't want to hurt him by leading him on longer and you certainly didn't want to make things awkward at work if things did go further and it didn't work out. Tell her you sincerely hope that he finds an amazing woman but unfortunately, it's not going to be you. And request that out of respect for your working relationship with her, the two of you don't discuss it further since your personal life should be kept personal. And if she persists, you can always have this conversation in front of the general manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment