Saturday, December 19, 2009

Relationship, fading romance. Any advice?

My boyfriend and I have liked and known each other for two months and three weeks, been going steady for only three weeks, and already he feels like the chemistry has faded. I feel like we should have taken it slower, but the fact it's a long distance relationship and he's about to graduate, we should just hurry up a bit.


He claims to have the same problems in the past, about losing the ability to talk to his significant other once they hit the ';girlfriend and boyfriend'; state. He also told me he feels like I'm getting bored of him, because he always has to be the first one to call or text first, so that makes him think, ';do you really want this relationship';? And I do. But I guess, I'm one of those classic shy girls. You know, where the boy makes first move, blah blah blah. And I understand where he's coming from, because I know I should meet him half way communication-wise.


But anyway... I just wanted to know, why some people (like my boyfriend) start losing feelings once they hit the ';girlfriend and boyfriend'; state; and how we possibly can fix things, if possible.Relationship, fading romance. Any advice?
Here is something in which I am involved. It begins this week and will be speaking directly to the concerns you describe:





RELATIONSHIPS: What You Need to Know


Pulse Thursdays: 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. in the HCBC-NW Cafe





Austin Pulse presents an in-depth, challenging look at God’s design for our relationships - specifically for Austin singles (in their 30’s and 40’s).





We know you're not satisfied to merely download traditional “church-speak” on these issues and neither are we! Plan to dive head-first into messy, complicated, real-life challenges and questions like...


I never imagined my life turning out like this. Where do I go from here?





*How can I know if someone is right for me before I get too involved?


*How do I find friends who won’t drag me down?


*My boss is a total (fill in the blank)! How do I go to work and without going crazy?


*Why do I keep ending up in one bad relationship after another?


*How can I know if I am ready to date seriously? ...or if I am ready to date at all?


*Will I ever be able to forgive that person who hurt me?


*How do I find purpose and direction in my life after being devastated by a divorce?


*If I’ve already been married, do the traditional church ideas about sex really apply to me?


*...and more!





Beginning this Thursday, February 5, John Covell (HCBC Singles Pastor) will be leading this interactive series in which you will learn to apply God's answers to the challenges of your life! It all happens on Thursday Nights from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., leaving lots of time to hang out in our café afterward!





Pulse Thursday: 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.


HCBC-NW Cafe (Click toFind the Cafe)


12124 Ranch Road 620 N, Austin, TX, 78750 (Google map)


 


Austin Pulse (30’s %26amp; 40’s Singles at Hill Country Bible Church))


www.austinpulse.org / 512-336-2216

No comments:

Post a Comment