Saturday, December 19, 2009

Any advice on my romance in my relationship?

My husband and I have been married for almost a year, together for four and have an 11 month old son. I loved the romance in our relationship but that seems to have drifted. When we have sex, its sex, he doesn't look at me, doesn't kiss me, its not intimate anymore. He gets up and goes straight to work 7 days a week and the random day he sleeps in, i try cuddleing with him or wake him up other ways and im told ';it's to hot'; or to go downstairs. I don't get it. Am I over reacting? Is he not attracted to me anymore? Can someone please just give me your opinion or advice. Thank you.Any advice on my romance in my relationship?
sounds like you guys need to spice things up a bit*Any advice on my romance in my relationship?
if he is working 7 days a week there is your answer. its not that he is not attracted to you, the man is tired. give him some credit. he is a hard worker.
He works seven days a week out of need? No wonder he doesn't want sex. Poor guy is probably stressed out of his mind.
Go and have an vacation...


Chillax...
Hmmm, yeah something's not right. I've gone through a few less-romantic phases myself. You'll just need to sit him down when there's a quiet time together %26amp; talk it out (gently). Use all your control not to argue with him, but stay really gentle to get him to open up and be soft with you. Maybe he's just really stressed about work, maybe he's feeling apprehensive about the marriage now that you're settled in... maybe you guys just need to get out on romantic dates more often to just focus on keeping the two of you strong (without the baby). You'll get through it. My husband and I always have. Sometimes he just didn't even realize he was doing it, until I brought it nicely to his attention that my feelings were being hurt %26amp; then he tried to be more aware %26amp; careful of it.
There might be a lot of stress in his life... working 7 days a week. Make sure to express your appreciation and love to him. ln a marriage, it's so important that each spouse feels appreciated. Find little opportunities to express your love and appreciation to him. Try leaving him notes in the car that he'll see when he leaves for work, making special food for him, try doing things for him and see if that helps. And hopefully he will soften towards you and want to serve and show his appreciation for you too.





If you want to read a book about this, I recommend ';And Baby Makes Three'; by Dr. John Gottman. He is one of the most well-known and respected marriage researchers. My husband and I just got this book (we're going to have a baby in March) and it's all about how to stay intimate and in tune with each other after children come into the marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment