Saturday, December 19, 2009

Aspiring Romance Author needing advice?

I am wanting to write a romance series based in Ireland (this may sound corny but I love Ireland though I've never actually been there). Is it possible, using internet and book research and interviews to write a realistic novel even if I've never been to the country it is based on? Would it be insulting to anyone from that country? I do not want to offend, I just want to write a good book.Aspiring Romance Author needing advice?
Did George Lucas travel back in time to a galaxy far, far away before he wrote Star Wars?





You don't need to visit the location. Sure, if you could it helps only because there will be Irish who will know if you are accurate or not. You can avoid this by having some Irish review it. But it's not necessary if you do your research.Aspiring Romance Author needing advice?
It's been said 'Write what you know' Write a few books first about what you know, take the profits and go to Ireland. THEN write your series!
I think that you should take time to research about Ireland so you can learn things like the most important aspects of their culture, the historical sites and of course a bit of their history. Remember you are writting a novel, it doesn't have to be 100% acurate. If you like Ireland then write about it because then you'll be able to put your heart into it and it'll be great.


Good luck with your novel!!!
no way man people should be flattered that your writing about their homeland. more power to you and i wish you the best of luck on your novel
You should probably make a visit. Nothing would make it more real than first hand experience. And I doubt if any one would be insulted. I am flattered that you want to set your book(s) in Ireland and claim to love it so.
oh you have to be really careful about writing about Ireland as an Irish person I know that the way Irish are portrayed in a lot of American movies are very very cliched and really overdo the accent I don't think any of us would be offended as long as you don't make all the characters alcoholics that say top of the morning a lot





so yea I say you could write a book about Ireland without going there but make sure you have proper research done, something more then watching a film with an Irish guy in it =)





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment