Saturday, December 19, 2009

Long distance romance, need advice.?

I met a girl this past weekend while I was back home for a wedding, I live 3.5 hours away. She's smart, attractive, single and my age. That's a pretty rare combo for someone in their late 20's.





She seemed really interested in me and gave me her number, but I hesitate to call because of the distance, and I don't really know what to say if/when I do. I am certainly enamoured with this girl, though.





Any thoughts?Long distance romance, need advice.?
anyone who sais long distance relationships cant work are wrong! im living proof! well, all i can say is that me and my partner would have given anything to have 3.5 hour drive away! i was on holiday in italy visiting my family when i met my partner. im form england a whoppin 1350 km away! it would have taken us 15 hours to drive across france to see each other!





when we met the first thing he said to me was ';wow!im in love with you!'; i laughed it off, until he startes FLYING over to england every friday and flying back on the sunday EVERY weekend just to see me! after a year he moved over to england to be with me and now we have been living together for three years and expecting our first child!





theres to all the unromantic, cinicts that they these things cant work! they can if you want enough!go for it!dont live with wondering what could have been!Long distance romance, need advice.?
Get to know her better, as a friend first (or as a very very casual open-relationship sort of thing for now) and see how she feels about doing a long-distance relationship. If there's any chance both of you can move closer together after some time, that will help the relationship alot, it's ok for it to be long-distance for now. And 3.5 hours is within driving distance, so you too can spend weekends together sometimes.
if you think shes what you want and visa versa then the time difference in travel can be overcome eventually if both feel the same and its a good relationship. i just traveled and married a girl in china. i was there for a month with her and its the very very best thing i ever did. shes the greatest and worth the time, money wait and everything else.
It's very hard to maintain a long distance relationship, let alone begin one...It's hard enough if you've already been with someone for a long time...but I suggest you try it anyway...Who knows...she may be special...and you may regret it if you don't try it....but make sure you understand what kind of effort will be required...
If she seemed interested and gave you her number, then the distance probably doesn't bother her enough to turn you down. Give her a call and see if she'd like to meet halfway for coffee or something.
That's a pretty rare combo for anyone. 3.5 hours is not that bad. That is close enough you can spend all weekend there, and you could make the trip during the week, for something good. I think you should try it.
me an my bf live 4 hours away so i dont think its that big a problem as long as you have good communication i love my bf and we have been together for 4 months (yesterday was our anniversary ) and we have never regretted being together
Give her a call, you never know what the future holds, and if you get along great, there could be a move in the near future. Great relationships start with friendship. You've got nothing to loose and everything to gain
if you are making happy romance when both of you are at long distance, it has many probabilities to became as sad romance when you both come closer together.
It's just 3.5 hours away!





There are tons of ways people can make long distance relationships work now, given technology.





I say call her.
Call her and go for it. You cant let something that you are so into slip away. Call her and see what happens.
long distance romance can work if there is trust
it doesn't work
Well just from my past experiences with long distance relationships, it is possible. But the likelyhood of it being easy is slim. Here are some of the negative factores to consider. The jealousy factor will ALLWAYS be there, wether your a jealous person or not. It is also difficult if you are the type of person who takes joy out of getting to spend alot of time with your signifigant other, than that will also become a difficult change you will have to get used to.





Now for the positive of things. This may be the one person you could end up spending the rest of your life with. if you have alot in commone with this person, and feel that strong connection, then i would say go for it. My ex fiance lived 5 hours away from me, and we carried a relationship on for about a year. Now most of the reason it did not work out was because of reasons beyond our control, that never made me love him any less. But I knew that for the longest time I wanted to try my hardest to make it work, even though I only got to see him every other week. If your not the type of person that likes to spend ALL of your time with this person, then your will enjoy getting to have all of this free time but still being in a relationship. And sometimes being in a long distance relationship brings you closer, because what people wont say in person, they will most likeliy say on the phone or online.





Its just alot to think about, but I say give it a shot and see what happens, what do you have to lose.......? Good luck though, I hope it works out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment