Saturday, December 19, 2009

LADIES, some romance advice, plz?

Alright, ladies, a great number of you are always complaining that men can't be romantic. Here's your chance to fight the fight and help turn the tide.





I'm currently away from the wife for an extended period of time (4 months) due to my job. I'd like to keep up the romance while I'm away and am looking for ideas. Before I left, I went ahead and bought a stack of cards (I miss you, I love you, etc), but am searching for other ways to make her feel special in my absence.


Some details of our life to help you help me:


1. We have no kids, but we have pets that she treats as kids (minus the clothes).


2. She is very much into art, theatre, and city life.


3. She works two part time jobs in an effort to keep herself very busy and distracted while I'm away.





So, if you have any creative ideas, please clue me in. Now, for the criteria the ideas must meet:


A. The best answers will not require large amounts of $$. I'm not cheap, we're just saving for a getaway to someplace warm after my return.


B. They can't require a lot of time, as I'm working 12-14 hr days with MAYBE one day a week off.





I appreciate any assistance you ladies provide and will award 10 pts to the best answer!!LADIES, some romance advice, plz?
Wow. If I give you my husband's phone number could you please call him and fill him on how to be romantic. Just the fact that you love this woman so much that you would put this much effort into finding sweet ways to tell her is breath taking.





I understand the saving part, I'm doing that too. I would take random picture of yourself sitting at your desk or out in the field or where ever you are and take a picture of yourself. Send it with a little rhyme of some sort attaching your picture.





Go to some novelty shops and find some great looking faux diamond or gem stone earrings. Vintage shops are great.





Say the heck to your saving efforts one weekend and fly her there to spend a very romantic weekend with you.





Hope your 4 months passes quickly. LADIES, some romance advice, plz?
hello all you are giving me is 10 points and I am supposed to bend over to give you an answer....





Answer:Send her a card every day you will be gone expressing to her your love and desire for her.





edit* the cards are enough but phone sex is nice too.
How about getting a small boquet of flowers delivered to her work once or twice a month on some random day..
send LOTS of red roses to her
Ok I got this one, my husband and I are in the same situation and he is an expert as we have been doing this for a while now 7 years. He is in the oil field and is away from home most of the time. The one thing we do that I love the most is call each other in the morning and tell each other good morning, how did you sleep, everyday, we have only missed one day in the 7 years we have been together because he was in a dead spot and by the time he finally had signal it was afternoon. Some other ideas are try to eat at the same time on the phone, women love to talk conversate over lunch dinner so if you could call and have dinner together not out just when your eating call and tell each other what your having and so forth. web cams are great for long distance, and no not for web sex, but to have a face to face conversation or show things. Like I went shopping and I modeled my new outfit or new hair cut. random emails like poems or songs. we both have our song that plays when we call each other which is romantic. My husband called a friend of ours once and told him how stressed I was and asked him to take me out for a drink, so him and his girlfriend surprised me by taking me out for drinks. Reading the same book and discussing it is also good especially when you don't really have an exciting life and not much to tell. hope all this helps. When he does get home we spend as much time as we can together traveling, checking out new shops or cafes that may have opened up while he was a way, or just watchng new releases. We are always on a tight budget so we are always looking for the cheapest way to do things..
When my husband was deployed over seas I use to send him a care package once a month with silly things to make him laugh and I got a pack of post its shaped like a heart and write I love you, I miss you and thing's like that on them and put one or two of them on everything in the box. it doesn't have to be a big box and you can fill it with any kind of things you want.
wellllll, do u guys have cell phones? if so you can go online and get cute little messages and text them to her in the middle of the night so she has them first thing in the morning. You can have her favorite meal prepared by a family member and waiting at the dinner table one night when she returns home, with like candlelight and her fav desert and maybe a few petals of her fav flower and then call her during dinner so you are having dinner ';together';. OR, do the same except do it in the bathroom, u know, have someone draw her a bath with her fav bath stuff and scents and candles, petals...um, what else...the cards are good, does she go online at all? Maybe ecards filled with cute happy stuff to her email. if i think of more i'll come back...
  • tarte
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment